Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Missing in Action


Once again I have been missing in action for days. The good news, we are done with production! On our final day of filming  the other videographer fell ill with Delhi Belly which is when you stomach reacts different to the food here in India. Spices must have gotten the best of him and he wasn't able to film for 3 days. This is what happened to our photographer. I am so glad I am Mexican. I grew up with a father who would drown our food in salsa. He used it as a sauce rather then an "add on" to a taco. The spices here are very mild compared to my father's cooking. So as of now Georgia and I stay strong! No sickness! The next day we left for the village at 4:30 am and I did the filming alone, but had help booming from other team members. I didn't get to take photos the final day we left, but got some real good video. I filmed the mother making her daily bread which are like tortillas and filmed other daily activities the average family does. 


We also gave the family gifts such as blankets and cups for the house. For the children of the village we gave them a soccer ball, frisbees, crackers, candy, supplies for the school and much more. It was nice being able to give the children gifts, but we felt bad once there was candy wrappers scattered on the ground.

After a long stay in India, I have experienced a lot. I have done countless comparing and contrasting with my personal life in the united states  and that of my parents' roots. I haven't been to Mexico in a while and have decided I am going to live in Mexico for at least a month or two before I graduate from UT. I want to catch up with my spanish and journey back to a place where I wish I could have spent long summers with my grandparents. My older sisters got to spend summers and even came back not knowing any English. They forgot, lol. I have been thinking of taking photos and making a short documentary consisting of my family's memories about their stay in the little house in Mexico. I might not have my grandparents, but the house still stands and the memories still exist. It is time to converse them.

In addition, we found out the other day that a US man was arrested in India. He was trying to board a plane to the US with a loaded gun. Anyways, the point is that he was on the same plane when we flew into india and he had the gun as well. Yikes!

They had a photo up, but below is a link to one of the many stories on the net.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/PoliticsNation/US-national-with-loaded-gun-held-at-Chennai-airport/articleshow/4646729.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment